Configure Cisco AMP Log Collector
The Alert Logic Cisco AMP Collector is an AWS-based API Poll (PAWS) log collector library mechanism designed to collect logs from the Cisco AMP service. You can find Cisco AMP logs collected with keyword search in the Alert Logic console Get Started with Search page. <![CDATA[ ]]>
The Alert Logic Cisco AMP collector polls AuditLogs and Events APIs.
You must complete the following to successfully configure your Cisco AMP Log Collector:
- Obtain an API Client ID and an API key in Cisco AMP
- Configuring collection from the Alert Logic console
Obtain an API Client ID and an API key in Cisco AMP
You must create an API, and then obtain the API client ID and API key in the Cisco AMP for Endpoints console.
To obtain an API client ID and the API key:
- Log in to the Cisco AMP for Endpoints console.
- Click Accounts, and then click API Credentials.
- Click + New API Credential.
- In the New API Credential window, select Read-only for the Scope.
- Click Create. Make a note of the API client ID and the API key.
Configuring collection from the Alert Logic console
After you obtain the client API ID and API key, you must complete the log collection process in the Alert Logic console. This configuration is an account-level integration, which means you can configure more than one instance of Cisco AMP collection. This capability is useful when more than one instance of the Cisco AMP application exists in your organization.
To access the Application Registry page, click the menu icon (). Click Configure, and then click Application Registry.
To add a new application collection:
- In the Applications Registry, click the Cisco tile, and then click Cisco AMP.
- In the Application Name field, enter a name for this Cisco AMP collection instance.
- Under Collection Method and Policy, in the Cisco AMP Domain field, enter the Cisco AMP domain location.
- In the Client ID, enter the client API ID you noted earlier
- In the Secret Key field, enter the API key you noted earlier.
- Under Resource Names, select from which Cisco AMP resources you want to poll.
- (Optional) Enter a Collection Start time using a format such as (2020-01-01T16:00:00Z). If the Collection Start field is left blank, only logs generated after you configure this collection instance will be collected.
The collection start time determines how far back you want Alert Logic to collect logs if data already exists in your account. Alert Logic can only collect logs up to 30 days prior to the date you configured this collection instance.
- Click ADD. Wait a few minutes for the application to create and appear in your application list. Do not click ADD again. <![CDATA[ ]]>
In the Applications List tab, if you configured your application correctly, within approximately 10 minutes you will see Configured next to the application. For more information about how to add instances or manage existing collecting applications, see Manage your configured applications.