The documentation below describes the new version of the Alert Logic console, which was recently updated. This version will become the default in early 2020. For more information about the new navigation, see Managed Detection and Response Navigation Menu Updates.
When you create a Log Management policy for the first time, you can create collection schedules. Collection schedules allow you to black out periods when you do not need to collect log sources. You can create new collection schedules for a policy at any time. However, you cannot delete or update existing schedules.
For more information about policy creation, see Log Management Policies.
To create a collection schedule:
- In the Alert Logic console, click the menu icon ().
- Click Configure, click Log Management, and then click Policies.
- On the Policies page, click the corresponding tab to find the policy for the schedule you want to create.
- In the list of policies, click the pencil icon () for the policy you want to create a schedule.
In the Collection Schedule Blackout Periods, select Create a new schedule.
- Type a descriptive name in Schedule Name field.
- Select a Schedule Time Zone, and then select Blackout Periods to enable blackout periods. Also, you can add or remove extra blackout periods.
- Click SAVE.