The main use for an Alert Logic virtual appliance is for on-premises deployments to virtual machines.
If you have experience with VMWare management tools and virtual machine installation, you can install Alert Logic user interface (UI) as a virtual appliance into your existing VMWare virtualized infrastructure.
The instructions below are not a complete guide to configure vSphere or virtual data centers. VMWare offers more information regarding vSphere.
Locate the Unique Registration Key
You must locate the Unique Registration Key from the Configuration page. Copy your unique registration key. You will need to enter this key to install the agent.
To access your Unique Registration Key:
- In the Alert Logic console, click Deployments, and then select an existing deployment.
- On the side navigation, click Installation Instructions, and then copy the Unique Registration Key.
Alert Logic uses the Unique Registration Key to assign the agent to your Alert Logic account.
Before you download the virtual appliance, review the virtual appliance requirements.
To download the virtual appliance:
- Click the Settings menu ().
- Click Support Information in the drop down menu.
- Click Install Guides & Downloads.
- Click the VIRTUAL APPLIANCE tab.
- Click the link to download.
The appliance is configured with a 40 GB virtual drive.
- Save the virtual appliance image to your target machine.
- Import the file into VSphere.
- Power on the virtual machine.
- Configure your IP address. To manually assign an address, log into a serial console with the following credentials: setup/7739521
- In your browser, type: http://<YourVirtualApplianceIPAddress>.
- Paste in your Unique Registration ID.
- Click Start Claim Process. A screen informing you your appliance is provisioning appears. For status details, click Go To Detailed Status .