Create and Manage Alert Logic Access Keys
Access keys store your customer information to allow integration of data from your Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure accounts to Alert Logic integrations and APIs.
Access key management appears in AIMS user management under the Settings menu.
To access this functionality:
- Click the Settings icon (), and then select Users.
- Scroll to the user account you want to modify, and then click View.
- In the account information slideout panel, click the Access Keys tab.
From this page you can generate, download, and manage your access keys. If you are an administrator, you can manage the access keys of others in your customer account, or customer accounts you manage.
Generate an access key
Access keys contain the two components you need to configure access to the Alert Logic back end—the access key ID and a secret key. You need both values to configure a log source.
Access key components:
- Access key ID—Numerical identification for the access key you generated. You can retrieve this value from the Alert Logic console.
- Secret key—Encrypted account information that provides permission for data to flow from AWS to the Alert Logic backend. You cannot retrieve this value after you initially generate the access key. If you lose your secret key, you must generate a new access key.
After you generate a new access key, the Alert Logic console allows you to retrieve only the access key ID. You must store both the access key ID and the secret access key immediately after you generate the access key. You can choose to copy and paste the access key ID and the secret key to a file, or you can automatically save your access key information to a .CSV file that you can save to a secure location.
To generate and store an access key:
- In the Access Keys tab, click GENERATE NEW KEY.
- From the Access Key Created window, click DOWNLOAD KEY FILE.
Edit access key information
The Access Keys tab on the user account slideout panel allows you to view and edit some access key information. You can view the following information, but you can edit only the access key name:
- Access key name
- Access key ID
- When the key was last accessed
- Who created the key
- Date the key was created
To edit the access key name:
- In the Access Key tab, from the list of access keys, click the access key you want to edit.
- Click EDIT.
- Type a new name for the access key.
- Click SAVE.
Delete an access key
Alert Logic allows you to store only five access keys. If you have five access keys stored and need to generate another key, you must first delete one of your existing access keys before you create a new access key.
To delete an access key:
- In the Access Keys tab, from the list of access keys, click the access key you want to delete.
- Click DELETE.
- To confirm access key deletion, click DELETE.
Manage access keys of others
If your Alert Logic user account has the Administrator role, you can manage the access keys of others in your customer account. Account administrators can select a user account and perform the following access key management procedures for the selected user account:
- Create an access key
- Edit an access key
- Delete an access key