CentOS Version 8 Update
CentOS announced the end of life for their version 6 operating system. This means CentOS will no longer provide security patches, vulnerabilities, or bug fixes for version 6. As a results, Alert Logic is helping customers update all Alert Logic appliances running on operating system CentOS version 6 to the current and supported version 8.
As Alert Logic transitions all customers to CentOS 8, Alert Logic will continue maintain necessary security updates for CentOS version 6 to ensure all customers remain secure.
You must be running VMWare ESXi 6.5 or higher before updating the Alert Logic appliance to CentOS 8.
How to update
The update process varies for each customer, depending on your subscription and service you are using:
- Cloud Defender or other legacy products customers with AWS deployments: See CentOS Version 8 Update for AWS Legacy Customers for more details.
- Cloud Defender or other legacy products customer using an OVA image: See CentOS Version 8 Update for Legacy Customers using OVA for more details.
- MDR customers with AWS deployments: See CentOS Version 8 Update for AWS MDR Customers for more details.
- MDR customers using an OVA image: See CentOS Version 8 Update for MDR Customers using OVA for more details.
- Alert Logic Managed Web Application Firewall (WAF) subscription: Alert Logic has already contacted you, or will contact you soon, to coordinate a time to update your appliance.
- Threat Manager subscription: Alert Logic will contact you soon on the process and details for this transition.