CentOS Version 8 Update
CentOS announced the end of life for their version 6 operating system. This means CentOS will no longer provide security patches, vulnerabilities, or bug fixes for version 6. As a results, Alert Logic is helping customers update all Alert Logic appliances running on operating system CentOS version 6 to the current and supported version 8.
As Alert Logic transitions all customers to CentOS 8, Alert Logic will continue maintain necessary security updates for CentOS version 6 to ensure all customers remain secure.
How to update
The update process varies for each customer, depending on your subscription and service you are using:
- Cloud Defender or other legacy products customers with AWS deployments: See CentOS Version 8 Update for AWS Legacy Customers for more details.
- Cloud Defender or other legacy products customer using an OVA image: See CentOS Version 8 Update for Legacy Customers using OVA for more details.
- MDR customers with AWS deployments: See CentOS Version 8 Update for AWS MDR Customers for more details.
- MDR customers using an OVA image: See CentOS Version 8 Update for MDR Customers using OVA for more details.
- Alert Logic Managed Web Application Firewall (WAF) subscription: Alert Logic has already contacted you, or will contact you soon, to coordinate a time to update your appliance.
- Threat Manager subscription: Alert Logic will contact you soon on the process and details for this transition.