The Health page, under the HEALTH tab in the Alert Logic console, is composed of the Health Summary, Networks, and Appliances and Agents pages. The Health page provides detailed information on your environment to ensure that your deployments are correctly configured.
The Health page displays summaries and breakdowns of your networks, appliances, and agents to ensure the following:
- Networks have an appliance provisioned, and its traffic is captured.
- Agents are assigned to an appliance, all assets are present and protected, and that hosts are scanned and checked.
- Appliances are deployed, provisioned and functioning as desired, and capturing Network IDS traffic for protected networks.
- The configuration process is complete and you can start gaining security value.
The Summary page provides an overview of the current health of your network, appliances, and agent health in bar graphs to identify problems in your deployments. You can specify for which deployment you want to view the health in the drop-down menu. Click on specific rows in the bar graphs to delve deeper into specific issues of your networks, appliances, or agents.
The Network Health dashboard displays the total number of networks and the number of those that are protected, healthy, and unhealthy. Click on a row to be redirected to the Networks page with that category filtered, or click VIEW NETWORKS to view all categories in the Networks page.
The Appliance Health dashboard displays the total number of appliances and the number of those that are installed, collecting, collecting with issues, and not collecting. Click on a row to be redirected to the Appliance Health page with that category filtered or click VIEW APPLIANCES to view all categories in the Appliances and Agents page.
The Agent Health dashboard displays the total number of networks and the number of those that are installed, collecting, collecting with issues, and not collecting. Click on a row to be redirected to the Appliances and Agents page with that category filtered or click VIEW AGENT to view all categories in the Appliances and Agents page.
Use the notifications feature to set up email notifications of the Health Status of your account and accounts you manage. Notifications allow you to know about, and respond quickly to, negative health statuses in your environment.
Health notifications are based on the current state of your account at the time the email notification is sent, not a trending status over lapsed times between notifications.
To set up email notifications:
- Click Notifications to go to the Notifications page.
- Click the Health Status bar, and then in the slideout panel, select Send me the Health Status for this account.
- In the drop-down menu, choose how frequently you want to receive notifications.
- Click SAVE.
The Notifications page reflects your updates in the Health Status bar. You can click on the Health Status bar to update your notification preferences at any time. You can also update your health notifications from the Settings menu. Click the Settings icon (), and then click Health Notifications.