Current Vulnerabilities Breakdown
Current Vulnerabilities Breakdown report provides a breakdown of current vulnerable hosts and vulnerability instances ranked by count severity with vulnerability detail. Use this report to gain insights into the effectiveness of your vulnerability management, help prioritize your efforts, and focus on specific areas in your environment.
To access the Current Vulnerabilities Breakdown report:
- In the Alert Logic console, click the menu icon (), and then click Validate.
- Click Reports, and then click Vulnerabilities.
- Under Current Vulnerability Breakdown, click VIEW.
- Click Current Vulnerabilities Breakdown.
To refine your findings, filter your report by Customer Account, Deployment Name, VPC/Network, Category, Severity, and CVSS Score.
By default, Alert Logic includes (All) filter values in the report.
To add or remove filter values:
- Click the drop-down menu in the filter, and then select or clear values.
- Click Apply.
Alert Logic discovers several types of vulnerabilities, which are divided into categories, and referred to in sections of the report:
- Configuration: Exposures related to your deployment that can hinder Alert Logic from delivering service properly, such as no agents or appliance installations, or a misconfiguration where an appliance cannot connect to the server.
- Security: Exposures related to vulnerabilities found during internal and external scans, such as a vulnerability that can lead to a breach if not addressed.
- External: Exposures related to vulnerabilities found during an external scan, such as a vulnerability that can lead to a breach if not addressed.
CVSS severity categories
Alert Logic uses CVSS v2 scores to measure the severity of vulnerabilities, which are divided into levels, and referenced to in some sections of this report.
Alert Logic assigns each vulnerability one of the following severities based on the CVSS v2 score set by the National Institute of Standards and Technology, and reported to the National Vulnerability Database:
|Severity||CVSS base score|
|High||7.0 - 10.0|
|Medium||4.0 - 6.9|
|Low||0.1 - 3.9|
Vulnerability Instances section
This section provides the current total number of vulnerability instances found in the selected filters.
Vulnerable Hosts section
This section provides the current total number of hosts with vulnerabilities in the selected filters.
Vulnerabilities by Severity section
This section provides the current vulnerability count in each CVSS severity category in the selected filters.
Most Vulnerable Services
The list provides the current most vulnerable services based on vulnerability count in the selected filters. The list is organized by service name, count of vulnerabilities, percentage, and a bar graph representing the vulnerability count.
Vulnerabilities by Age
This section provides the current vulnerability count in each age category in the selected filters.
Top 10 Vulnerabilities by Host Count
The list provides the current top 10 vulnerabilities based on host count in the selected filters. The list is organized by vulnerability name, CVSS score, severity, host count, and a bar graph representing the host count.
Vulnerabilities Breakdown Details section
The list provides the current breakdown of vulnerabilities based on the vulnerability severity and impacted assets in a deployment in the selected filters. The list is organized by vulnerability, CVSS score, severity, deployment name, impacted asset name, asset type, the first it was seen and the last time it was found in a scan.