The Scan Variance report provides a comparison of new, resolved, and unresolved vulnerability instances found by the selected scan. Use this report to gain insights into the effectiveness of your vulnerability management and remediation efforts.
To access the Scan Variance report:
- In the Alert Logic console, click the menu icon (), and then click Validate.
- Click Reports, and then click Vulnerabilities.
- Under Scan Schedule Breakdown, click VIEW.
- Click Scan Variance.
View the report
To view the report, you must select a single value for Customer Account, Deployment Name, Scan Schedule Name, and Scan Start Date.
Filter the report
To refine your findings, filter your report by Severity and Variance.
Filter the report using drop-down menus
By default, Alert Logic includes (All) filter values in the report.
To add or remove filter values:
- Click the drop-down menu in the filter, and then select or clear values.
- Click Apply.
Download the report
You can download the Scan Variance report as an image, data (CSV), crosstab, PDF, or PowerPoint file. To learn how to download reports, see Report Download Option.
Alert Logic categorizes vulnerability instances into different statuses, which are referred to in sections of the report:
- New: Vulnerability instances that existed on the selected day, but not on the previous day
- Resolved: Vulnerability instances that existed on the previous day, but not on the selected day
- Unresolved: Vulnerability instances that existed on the selected day and on the previous day
CVSS scores and severity
Alert Logic assigns each vulnerability one of the following severities with corresponding icon based on the CVSS v2 score set by the National Institute of Standards and Technology, and reported to the National Vulnerability Database:
|Severity||CVSS base score|
|High||7.0 - 10.0|
|Medium||4.0 - 6.9|
|Low||0.1 - 3.9|
Scan variance list
The list provides details of the vulnerability instances found by the selected scan. The list is organized by variance, vulnerability name, host name, IP address, CVSS score, and severity. The list is sorted by descending CVSS score.