Manage Templated Connections
The Templated Connections page in the Alert Logic console lists all templated connections created in your account. You can create and manage templated connections of all types from this page.
Templated connections increase efficiency and reduce response times. You can subscribe them to receive security notifications or generate service tickets automatically. For more information about templated connections, see Connections.
Access the Templated Connections page
In the Alert Logic console, click the navigation menu icon (), click Configure, click Connections, and then click the Templated Connections tab.
Create a templated connection
Click the add icon (), and then choose the type of templated connection.
Application requirements vary and often require different information. For instructions on how to configure a specific templated connection, see the Templated Connections Configuration Guide.
Filter the templated connections list
You can filter the templated connections list by templated connection type or payload type.
Templated Connection Type filters
Filters in the Templated Connection Type category include all the choices available when you click the add icon () on the Templated Connections page. The number of templated connections of that type appears next to the filter name.
Payload Type filters
The Payload Type filters include the types of Alert Logic security information supported by templated connections:
- Observation (of a log correlation)
- Scheduled Report Notification
- Health Notification
The number of templated connections with that payload type appears next to the filter name. For more information about the payload types and sample JSON, see:
- Incident Schema
- Correlation Rule Observation Schema
- Scheduled Report Notification Schema
- Health Schema
To filter the templated connections list:
- In the left navigation, click one or more filters in the Templated Connection Type and/or Payload Type category to narrow the list. The active filter is in bold format.
- To search for a filter, type a filter value in search filters.
- To clear filters and start over, click one or more of the active filters to remove them, delete text typed in search filters (if applicable), or click CLEAR ALL FILTERS.
Group and sort the templated connections list
Alert Logic groups your templated connections by the following business categories and sorts them by name within each grouping:
To change the grouping, click Group by, and then click the option you want:
- Business Category
- Templated Connection Type
- Payload Type
Edit a templated connection
You can change the details in an existing templated connection.
To edit a templated connection:
- In the list of templated connections, find the one you want to edit, and then click the EDIT icon.
- Change any of the available settings.
- Click TEST to verify the templated connection is valid, and then click SAVE.
Delete a templated connection
In the list of templated connections, find the one you want to delete, and then click the DELETE icon.