Alma Linux Update for MDR Customers with Azure Deployments
CentOS has announced the end of life for their version 6 and 8 operating systems. This means CentOS will no longer provide security patches, vulnerabilities, or bug fixes for these operating systems. As a result, Alert Logic is helping customers update all Alert Logic appliances running on out-of-date operating systems.
Update your appliance to Alma Linux using the documentation below.
As we transition all customers to Alma Linux, Alert Logic will continue to maintain necessary security updates for virtual CentOS versions 6 and 8 for a limited period, to ensure all customers remain secure. This support is valid until the following dates depending on the appliance type:
- Virtual IDS to January 31, 2023
- Virtual Log Manager to June 30, 2023
How to update for MDR customers with Azure deployments
- Install a new appliance for every appliance you have in each VNET. See Microsoft Azure Deployment Configuration (Professional Subscription).
- Check the health of your agents and appliances on the Health page in the Alert Logic console. See Health.
It can take up to 60 minutes for the appliance to claim.
- Terminate the old appliance.
How to update other products
If you do not have MDR or Azure deployments, refer to the links below for specific instructions depending on your subscription and services:
- MDR customers with AWS deployments: See Alma Linux Update for MDR customers with AWS Deployments for more details.
- MDR customers using an OVA image: See Alma Linux Update for MDR Customers using OVA for more details.
- MDR customers with Professional subscription using Google Cloud Platform: See Data Center Deployment for Google Cloud Platform (Professional Subscription)
- MDR customers with Essentials subscription using Google Cloud Platform: See Data Center Deployment Configuration for Google Cloud Platform (Essentials Subscription)
- Customers using Hyper-V or VMware IDS virtual appliances: See Install an Alert Logic IDS virtual appliance
- Customers using Log Manager virtual appliances: See Install an Alert Logic Log Manager virtual appliance
Cloud Defender or other legacy products customer using an AWS image: See Alma Linux Update for AWS Legacy Customers for more details.
Cloud Defender or other legacy products customer using an OVA image: See Alma Linux Update for Legacy Customers using OVA for more details.
Cloud Defender or other legacy products customer using an Azure image: See Alma Linux Update for Azure Legacy Customers for more details.
- Alert Logic Managed Web Application Firewall (WAF) subscription: Alert Logic has already contacted you, or will contact you soon, to coordinate a time to update your appliance.
- Threat Manager physical appliances: Alert Logic will contact you soon on the process and details for this transition.