Upgrade to Managed Detection and Response
The Alert Logic console provides a universal navigation experience for all Alert Logic customers, regardless of your product subscriptions.
The Alert Logic console shows only the tabs and pages appropriate to your product subscription. This topic describes all possible tabs and pages, but specifies the subscriptions that generate the tabs and pages. For more information about subscriptions Alert Logic offers, see Get Started with Alert Logic Subscriptions and Add-ons.
Prior to your upgrade, you must perform the following deployment and agent updates:
- If you have Amazon Web Services (AWS) deployments to upgrade, you must ensure they use IAM roles created with the most current policy documents. If you have not updated your deployments using IAM roles, see Update AWS IAM Roles to Prepare for Upgrade.
- Upgrade your agents to the most recent version. Download and install the appropriate agents. For more information, see the following documents:
How to find features in the new console
|Legacy Functionality Name||New Functionality|
|Scheduled Reports||Scheduled Reports and Notifications|
|Webhooks||Webhook Connectors, including connectors for ticketing and messaging systems and a universal webhook connector|
|Summary and Dashboards||Available as Reports Guide, and Reports Guide, and Dashboards.|
|Log Manager Saved View||Create Saved and Scheduled Log Searches|
|Scan Schedules||Default and custom scan schedules|
|Host Groups and Zones||Topology|
|Log Review Cases||Monthly Log Review Report and Incidents|
Alert Logic has removed functionality or removed support for functionality of the following:
- For Threat Manager customers
- Browse Devices
- Assignment policies
- Event alerts
- Monitoring policies
- For Log Manager customers
- Legacy Log Search
- Log Collection Schedule policies
The upgrade provides feature parity for scan frequency and scan scheduling. Upgrades affect:
- Scanning capability
- Scan scheduling
- Adjusting scan performance
To learn more about upgrade details of scanning capabilities and scheduling, see Upgraded Scan Functionality.
This upgrade also provides feature parity for notifications, including:
- Report scheduling, with a new capability to send a notification
- Log correlation notifications
To learn more about the upgrades for scheduled report and log correlation notifications, see Upgrades to Notifications.