Upgrade to Managed Detection and Response
The Alert Logic console provides a universal navigation experience for all Alert Logic customers, regardless of your product subscriptions.
The Alert Logic console shows only the tabs and pages appropriate to your product subscription. This topic describes all possible tabs and pages, but specifies the subscriptions that generate the tabs and pages. For more information about subscriptions Alert Logic offers, see Get Started with Alert Logic Subscriptions and Add-ons.
Prior to your upgrade, you must perform the following deployment and agent updates:
- If you have Amazon Web Services (AWS) deployments, you must ensure your deployments use IAM roles created with the most current policy documents. To update IAM roles, see Update your IAM roles, and be sure to use the following policy documents:
- Full-permission deployment policy document (github link)
- Minimum permission deployment policy document (github link)
Alert Logic strongly recommends deploying with full permissions to facilitate the discovery of your AWS environment and allow Alert Logic to automate required AWS services.
- Upgrade your agents and appliances to the most recent version. Download and install the appropriate agents or appliances. For more information, see the following documents:
How to find features in the new console
|Legacy Functionality Name||New Functionality|
|Log Review Cases||Monthly Log Review Report, and Incidents|
|Host Groups and Zones||Topology|
|Scan Schedules||Manage scan schedules|
|Log Manager Saved View||Create Saved and Scheduled Log Searches|
|Summary and Dashboards||Available as Security Posture Dashboard, Reports Guide, and Risk , and the new Dashboards.|
|Webhooks||Support for Webhooks|
Deprecated or unsupported functionality
Alert Logic has removed functionality or removed support for functionality of the following:
- For Threat Manager customers
- Browse Devices
- Legacy Threat Manager appliances
- Assignment policies
- Event alerts
- Monitoring policies
- For Log Manager customers
- Legacy Log Search
- Log Collection Schedule policies
The upgrade provides feature parity for scan frequency and simple scan scheduling. Upgrades affect:
- Collection capability
- Scanning capability
- Scan scheduling
To learn more about upgrade details of scanning capabilities and scheduling, see Upgraded Scan Functionality.