Upgrade to Managed Detection and Response
The documentation below describes the new version of the Alert Logic console, which was recently updated. This version will become the default in early 2020. For more information about the new navigation, see Managed Detection and Response Navigation Menu Updates.
The Alert Logic console provides a universal navigation experience for all Alert Logic customers, regardless of your product subscriptions.
The Alert Logic console shows only the tabs and pages appropriate to your product subscription. This topic describes all possible tabs and pages, but specifies the subscriptions that generate the tabs and pages. For more information about subscriptions Alert Logic offers, see Get Started with Alert Logic Subscriptions and Add-ons.
Prior to your upgrade, you must perform the following deployment and agent updates:
- If you have Amazon Web Services (AWS) deployments, you must ensure your deployments use IAM roles created with the most current policy documents. If you have not updated your deployments using IAM roles, see Update your IAM roles, and be sure to use the following policy documents:
- (Recommended) Full-permission deployment policy document (github link)
- Minimum permission deployment policy document (github link)
If you deploy using the minimal permissions policy, Alert Logic will not be able to facilitate the discovery of your AWS environment or automate required AWS services, which can affect your experience. Alert Logic recommends deploying with the full-permissions deployment policy.
- Upgrade your agents to the most recent version. Download and install the appropriate agents. For more information, see the following documents:
How to find features in the new console
|Legacy Functionality Name||New Functionality|
|Scheduled Reports||Scheduled Reports and Notifications|
|Webhooks||Support for Webhooks|
|Summary and Dashboards||Available as Reports Guide, and Reports Guide, and Dashboards.|
|Log Manager Saved View||Create Saved and Scheduled Log Searches|
|Scan Schedules||Manage scan schedules|
|Host Groups and Zones||Topology|
|Log Review Cases||Monthly Log Review Report, and Incidents|
Deprecated or unsupported functionality
Alert Logic has removed functionality or removed support for functionality of the following:
- For Threat Manager customers
- Browse Devices
- Assignment policies
- Event alerts
- Monitoring policies
- For Log Manager customers
- Legacy Log Search
- Log Collection Schedule policies
The upgrade provides feature parity for scan frequency and simple scan scheduling. Upgrades affect:
- Collection capability
- Scanning capability
- Scan scheduling
To learn more about upgrade details of scanning capabilities and scheduling, see Upgraded Scan Functionality.
This upgrade also provides feature parity for notifications, including:
- Report scheduling, with a new capability to send a notification
- Log correlation notifications
To learn more about the upgrades for scheduled report and log correlation notifications, see Upgrades to Notifications.